Monday, July 26, 2010

Grilling...YUM!!

Many of you know about my addiction to food. I love to eat it and I love to make it! I made the BEST grilled dinner tonight and had to post about it. Chris is supervising a job on Highway 89 so I decided to try something. I have been doing veggies like this all summer, but the sandwich is new! I like to try things when Chris is gone so if they flop, I can just heat something up.
This, my friends, was a hop - not a flop. 

First:
Add a few herbs together to make a rub. 
dash Sage
dash Rosemary
dash Garlic
dash Thyme
Parsley(A LOT of parsley)
dash Salt
Ground Black Pepper
(will stay in fridge for up to 6 mos)

Second:
Put about a teaspoon of olive oil in a baggie, add Vegetables of choice. I like asparagus, mushrooms, onions, and sweet peppers. Add enough of the rub to coat, and shake. Let the herbs soak/marinate for about 10 mins at least. I have a grill saute' pan that I got at Bed Bath & Beyond for $6. It works amazingly well! 




Third: 
Do THIS: I hope the video works.(I use butter on my sandwich instead of olive oil)P.S. This man is my hero.
                                                     and this:


Fourth: EAT. 
*Note: If served with an Otter Pop its Kid Friendly Too!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

You should post a warning not to read this if you're hungry. ;) It does look yummy!

Anonymous said...

This post was so cute. I love your enthusiasm. "a hop" awesome!

Heather said...

I always get enthusiastic about food...You know that ;)

Terral Fox said...

Hey I send one of my students to that video today. She is doing a recipe book on sandwiches. She was super excited about it. So thanks!